Autism Early Intervention: Fast Facts
by. Raun D. Melmed, MD
We begin with the end in mind…
When you begin to realize that your child may not be developing normally, it is natural to be frightened and overwhelmed. But ignoring the problem will not help your child.
It can be difficult to find the information you need in a sea of resources, especially for a parent who is not familiar with autism terminology and treatments. This little book is the perfect way to get aquainted with autism and early intervention strategies.
You'll find answers to questions such as:
- What is autism?
- What are the signs of autism?
- Who is involved in my child's evaluation?
- What should I expect at the time of diagnosis?
- What are the goals of Early Intervention?
- How do I choose which treatments are right for my child?
This book also includes:
- Easy-to-read charts and tips
- Glossary of autism terms
- Annotated list of resources